Notice: Soter devices shipped in the USA arrive discharged and require to be charged for 1-1.5 hours prior to use ("How to charge the Soter device" FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions
- HOW TO TURN ON THE SOTER DEVICE?
- There is no on/off button. The device is permanently on and cycles from recording to dormant.
- Pressing the button lets you know the device has any battery charge. See “How to charge the Soter device?”
- Just wear the device and it will start detecting movement.
- The device does not need to be near a phone or tablet to gather data.
- Soter device needs to be close to the phone or tablet with SoterCoach app open once per day to sync data via Bluetooth.
- HOW TO CHARGE THE SOTER DEVICE?
- The device has 30-days of battery life when fully charged.
- To charge, connect micro-B-USB cable to the socket at the base of the device.
- The device will play a tone when connected to a charger and after the device is disconnected.
- Requires a minimum of 1.5 hours to fully charge.
Battery charge can be checked using the following methods:
- In the SoterCoach app once linked to a user (Settings > Connected Device).
- The Soter Dashboard (Progress page or Device page).
Press and hold the button the charge of the battery will be as follows:
1 Beep = Less than 25%
2 Beeps = Between 25% and 50%
3 Beeps = Between 50% and 75%
4 Beeps = Between 75% and 100%
- HOW TO WEAR THE DEVICE?
- When worn for the back, clips to the back of the shirt, in the midline close to your spine.
- The closer it is to the body the better (i.e. don’t wear it on a jacket, hoodie, stand-up or loose collar etc.) The neck of a t-shirt or hi-vis vest is perfect.
- When worn for the shoulder, clip the Soter device onto the armband and wear it on the upper arm of your dominant hand.
- HOW DOES THE DEVICE WORK?
- Measures all the bending, twisting and lifting movements you make.
- Calculates if the movement is hazardous.
- If it is hazardous, the device gives an audible and vibration notification.
- See “what is a hazardous movement” for types of notification.
- WHAT IS A HAZARDOUS MOVEMENT?
A hazardous movement is any movement associated with an increased risk of injury.
Poor lifting technique, forward bending with low intensity > One short beep & vibration.
Poor lifting technique, forward bending with high intensity (heavy load requiring effort) > Three long beeps & vibration.
Twisting (rotation of the trunk) >Three short beeps & vibration.
Repetition of any of the above listed movements within a minute is not notified but tracked in our data as a separate risk.
Sustained awkward postures (either bent forward or twisted) is also tracked in the data but no notification is given to the user at the time the movement is performed.
- WHAT IS THE SOTERCOACH PROGRAM?
A 10-day program to help coach you to use better working postures and avoid ergonomic injury.
There are 2 stages:
- 8 hours without notifications to calibrate our algorithms.
- 9-day Awareness and Improvement program.
It consists of a wearable device and mobile application.
You must wear the device and synchronize with the app every working day to successfully complete the program.
- WHEN DO NOTIFICATIONS BEGIN?
There are no device notifications for the first 8 hours of wearing the device. The hours may be split between multiple days if the first work day is shorter than 8 hours (a minimum of 4 hours in one shift is required to be credited with 1 day of progress).
- HOW DO I SYNC THE DEVICE?
- Ensure your Soter device is in close proximity (10m maximum) to your mobile device.
- Check battery charge by pressing the only button on the Soter device. Charge for 10 minutes if it does not beep.
- Ensure the mobile device or tablet has Bluetooth enabled and an active internet connection from either wifi or cellular data.
- Once opened, the app will automatically scan and sync your device.
- Ensure data download is 100% complete prior to exiting the app.
- You can also press “Synchronize” in the top right corner of the home page to initiate a sync.
You must wear the device for a minimum of 4 hours to register a day’s worth of data. If you register less than 4 hours of work, the day will not be accepted and will not count towards completed days, but your data will still be logged.
If the Soter device fails to sync, try logging into a different mobile device and try to sync the device. If the device fails to sync again, reset the device (see How do I reset the device?)
- CAN I SWITCH SOTER DEVICE ONCE A PROGRAM HAS STARTED?
To change a user’s device mid program:
1. Synchronise the old device, if possible.
2. Select “change” in [Settings > Connected Device] to link a new device in the SoterCoach app.
- HOW DO I COMPLETE THE SOTERCOACH PROGRAM?
- You must wear the device and synchronise with the app every working day to successfully complete the program.
- The App home page shows you how many days of the program you’ve passed.
- In order to complete the program, you must have 10 of 10 days passed and have completed all tutorials.
Upon completion of the program, you have the option of:
- De-link the device from your user profile;
- Restart the program;
- Continuous wear; wear the device without tutorials.
- HOW DO I RESET THE DEVICE?
Resetting the device is only necessary if it fails to charge or fails to sync.
1. Disconnect the charging cable from the device.
2. Press and hold the button on the device then connect the charging cable.
3. Keep the button pressed for 45 seconds.
4. Release the button.
5. Wait 45 seconds, the device should restart and play a starting sound.
6. Try to sync with the device using the app.
- WHERE IS THE DATA STORED?
Soter is GDPR compliant. All personal data is stored in secured servers within the EU.
All personal data is stored in secured servers within the USA.
All personal data is stored in secured servers in Australia.
- HOW DO I DELETE MY USER ACCOUNT?
- I SYNCED THE DEVICE, BUT DON'T HAVE AN ADDITIONAL COMPLETED DAY ON MY APP
In order to receive credit for a completed day, the device needs to be worn for more than 4 hours. Less than 4 hours of activity in one day will not be considered as a completed day but the data will still be captured and synched towards your risk profile.
On the dashboard, management can see “unaccepted days” when placing their cursor over a user’s “days recorded” in the Progress page.
Leave A Request
One of Our Team Members will Contact You